Saturday 19 July 2014

I nearly stepped on my new pet twice

Sat.19th.July
Somewhere near a lake in Bulgaria
After sorting life problems out with one of my online friends, he suggested me I go squirrel watching for my blog. Have you ever heard of people watching? Yeah, it's just like that but with squirrels. My mind set off swimming in extreme squirrel situations. But then again, if I don't get paid to sit in the park staring at squirrels with all those people around me I wouldn't really do it.
Then it came to me.
The best idea ever.
I decided that snail watching would be fun. You know, the slimey little fellows that eat your flowers and such? Yes, exactly them.
Luckily, it rained earlier in the morning so I went out and nearly stepped on a baby snail in front of my gate.
I took it and of course it immediately hid.
Going up to my room felt like forever, I was so excited to watch that snail.
Splendid.
It peeked out of its shell when I stopped to take a breath. It was adorable, a tiny little combination of dirt and only-we-chemists-know-what actually created a beautiful masterpiece of life.
Now, to everyone saying snails are boring - no. I watched it all day and I actually decided to keep it. It's 00:47am right now.
So while I am here typing, my new pet is eating some old iceberg salad.
Tell me again snails aren't cute.

1 comment: